FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Printable Version
What is the best way to remove product labels?
If you are unable to neatly remove the product labels, please use olive oil, cooking oil, “Goo Gone”, a non-acetone nail polish remover, or a small amount of WD-40. Another option is to heat label with a hair dryer and peel it off.
Does United accept product ideas?
To prevent misunderstandings, and to protect our interests and those of outside inventors, United Solutions will only consider product ideas if they are accompanied by a signed copy of the Idea Submission Form. Any ideas submitted to United that do not include this form will be returned. Please go to the Idea Submission Form to view and print it.
SAFETY OF FOOD CONTACT PRODUCTS
1. Are your food storage products microwave safe?
United Solutions food storage products are microwave safe and suitable for reheating food in the microwave. When reheating food high in sugar or fat, use caution as they can cause damage to microwave safe plastics. For more information, refer to the manufacturer's instructions for your microwave.
2. Are your food storage products dishwasher safe?
Our food storage products are top-rack dishwasher safe.
3. Are your food storage products freezer safe?
Yes, please feel free to use at normal freezer temperatures.
4. Are your food storage products BPA-free and Phthalates-free?
Yes, all United food storage products are BPA-free and Phthalates-free.
5. Where else can I find reliable information on BPA?
American Chemistry Council - www.bisphenol-a.org
QUALITY / WARRANTY
If I have a quality problem, what should I do?
It is important to us that you are happy with your United product. Please email any product-related questions or comments using our Contact Us address. We will need to know the UPC number, where purchased and date purchased. We will need proof of purchase and a photo of the problem, so that we can share details with our Quality Department. Please check product labels for any applicable warranties.
TRASH CAN WARRANTIES: United Solutions offers a limited warranty for selected trash cans (as marked on the product label) against defects in material or workmanship. Please send a photo of the defective part along with the dated sales receipt via mail or e-mail. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER COMMERCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL USE, NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, OR PRODUCT ABUSE.
1. What does “Limited Warranty” mean?
United Solutions warrants you, the end user customer, that the trash can will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a limited period from the time of purchase.
2. What is NOT covered by the Limited Warranty?
This warranty does not apply to the following:
Misuse or abuse - examples:
- Damages caused from trash handler as part of trash pickup
- Lids that have blown away
- Damage caused by animals
Normal Wear and Tear - examples:
- Eventual development of holes due to pulling bottom of plastic can across rough
- Discoloration due to intense sunlight
Commercial or industrial use. This warranty covers residential use only.
3. What procedure do I use to process a warranty claim?
Please send in the following:
- Photo clearly showing the damage (in lieu of having to pack up and ship the trash can)
- Dated sales receipt
- Your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and a brief description explaining the damage
4. Where do I send this information?
- A. United Solutions Product
Attention: Warranty Support Center
33 Patriots Circle
Leominster, MA 01453
By Email: email@example.com
- B. Rubbermaid Product
Rubbermaid Consumer Care
4110 Premier Drive
High Point, NC 27265
By Phone: 888-895-2110
5. How long will it take to get a response back from United?
You should hear back from our Warranty Support Center within 2 Days from receipt of your correspondence. If replacement parts are to be sent, please add 1 - 2 weeks of additional time (including UPS shipping time).