Click here for Printable Version
If I have a quality problem, what should I do?
For United products:
It is important to us that you are happy with your United product. Please email any product-related questions or comments using our Contact Us address. We will need to know the UPC number, where purchased and date purchased. We will need proof of purchase and a photo of the problem, so that we can share details with our Quality Department.
For Rubbermaid products:
Please see warranty information below. For any quality problems, please contact Rubbermaid Consumer Services at 1-888-895-2110
1) TRASH CANS: United Solutions offers a limited warranty for selected trash cans (as marked on the product label) against defects in material or workmanship. Please send a photo of the defective part along with the dated sales receipt via mail or e-mail. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER COMMERCIAL OR INDUSTRIAL USE, NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, OR PRODUCT ABUSE.
Trash Can Warranty Questions:
1. What does “Limited 1 Year Warranty” mean?
United Solutions warrants you, the end user customer, that the trash can will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a limited period from the time of purchase.
2. What is NOT covered by the Limited 1 Year Warranty?
This warranty does not apply to the following:
--Misuse or abuse - examples:
- Damages caused from trash handler as part of trash pickup
- Lids that have blown away
- Damage caused by animals
--Normal Wear and Tear - examples:
- Eventual development of holes due to pulling bottom of plastic can across rough pavement
- Discoloration due to intense sunlight
--Commercial or industrial use. This warranty covers residential use only.
3. What procedure do I use to process a warranty claim?
Please send in the following:
- Photo clearly showing the damage (in lieu of having to pack up and ship the trash can)
- Dated sales receipt
- Your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and a brief description explaining the damage
4. Where do I send this information?
- United Solutions Product
Attention: Warranty Support Center
33 Patriots Circle
Leominster, MA 01453
- Rubbermaid Product
|If you prefer to contact us by phone, please call:||
(800)-858-2379, ext. 254
- How long should it take to get a response back from United?
You should hear back from our Warranty Support Center within 24 business hours from receipt of your correspondence. If replacement parts are to be sent, please add 1-2 weeks of additional time (including shipping).
2) ROUGHNECK TOTES AND CLEARS:
Rubbermaid Roughneck containers carry a lifetime limited warranty from the date of purchase. The warranty covers defects in product material or workmanship when the containers are used in normal indoor household storage applications. The warranty does not cover usage in outdoor, commercial or industrial environments.
If the Roughneck container should fail, due to defects in product material and workmanship, you may submit a claim as follows:
- Provide the dated sales receipt for this product (or a copy of the date wheel on the container) in order to submit a warranty claim.
- Send your dated sales receipt (or a copy thereof) or a copy of date wheel on the container; your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and a brief description regarding the nature of the defect or product failure to Rubbermaid Consumer Services Department:
--USA & International:
Rubbermaid Consumer Products
Attn: Consumer Service
3320 West Market Street
Fairlawn, OH 44333 USA
Please do not ship packages to this address, unless requested, as they cannot be received.
- If there is agreement that this is an applicable warranty issue due to a manufacturing defect, but not for normal wear and tear, Rubbermaid will either:
- Replace the product in question with a like item; or
- Issue a refund in the amount of the purchase based on the dated sales receipt that may be redeemed at any retailer that stocks a current, similar Rubbermaid product. If you submit the dated sales receipt (or a copy thereof), the value of the certificate will reflect the price reflected on the sales receipt. If you submit a copy of the date wheel, the value of the certificate will reflect the average retail price of the warranteed item.
Rubbermaid is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, or misdirected claims.